NSS Programme Officer,
Sevadal Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Nagpur
National Service Scheme (NSS) is a community service programme. This scheme encourages the team spirit and national unity. The concept behind the formation of NSS is very pious which aims to provide an opportunity to the students to work with the people living in the rural area. It makes students understand the problems of the people and develop helping attitude. The role of students is very important in building strong and healthy nation.
(i) Dr. Sopandeo Pise, NSS Programme Officer
(ii) Mr. Purushottam Gajbhiye, NSS Co-Programmed Officer
(iii) Dr. Mrs. Meghali Joharapurkar (Member)
(iv) Mrs. Arti Durugkar (Member)
(v) Mrs. Sangamitra Kolarkar (Member)
(vi) Mr. Sharad Bakade (Member)
(vii) Mr. Navin Khandekar (Member)
(viii) Dr. Girish Kawale (Member)
NSS aims to develop the personality of students through community service.
The specific objectives of the National service Scheme are to arouse social conscience in the students and provide them an opportunity:
1. To work with the people
2. To engage in creative and constructive social actions.
3. To enhance their knowledge of the community living in the villages.
4. To add skill in developing democratic leadership.
5. To acquire the skill to enable one ready for self-employment.
6. To bridge the chasm between the educated and the uneducated masses.
7.To encourage the spirit to serve the weaker section of the community.
1. The term for every admitted student in the NSS is two years
2. Annual residential camp for constructive activities to the nearby village is compulsory for NSS students.
3. Only after completion of destined activities, student is entitled to get a certificate from the institute. .
1. All volunteers should work under the guidance and rules framed by the NSS Programme Officer.
2. They should make themselves worthy of the confidence and cooperation of the group / community leadership.
3. They shouldnot get engaged into any controversial issues.
4. They should keep day-to-day record of their activities in the enclosed pages of the given diary and submit to the NSS Programme Officer for the guidance.
5. It is essentialfor every volunteer to wear the NSS badge while on work.
6. Disciplined& sincere work is expected from the NSS volunteers.
Maintaining solidarity with the aims and objectives of NSS, a college NSS Unit has adopted the village, Bahadura, Dist. Nagpur with the vision to help the villagers live in the better social and economic environment.
|YEAR OF ACTIVITY||ACTIVITY|
|2016-17||a) Save Bird Campaign, b)Blood Donation Camp, c) Swachchha Bharat Campaign d)Annual Camp, Narsala, e) Wildlife Week Celebration|
|2017-18||a) Save Bird Campaign, b)Blood Donation Camp, c) Swachchha Bharat Campaign d)Annual Camp, Narsala, e) Conducted Gandhi VicharPariksha, f) Wildlife Week Celebration|
|2018-19||a)Constitution Day Celebration, b)Eye & Organ Donation Programme, c)Annual Camp, Bahadura, d) Conducted Gandhi VicharPariksha, e) Participation in State & University level NSS Camps f) Wildlife Week Celebration|